Highlights from the September 2023 Release
A few big changes this month!
This month the Sales Planning and Strategic Workforce Planning have left their place as separate products and become available as application types in the EPM Enterprise Cloud Planning business process. This will more completely enable and enhance the connectivity of planning across your enterprise, including Finance, Sales, HR, and other business functions.
On the AI front, IPM Insights is enhanced with additional features, better alias table management in modules has been added, and EPM Automate, the REST APIs, Groovy, Smart View, and Data Integration have all had functionality added.
For specific details on any of the below, see Oracle’s readiness page at this URL:
EPM Cloud Platform
- EPM Automate and REST APIs: New Commands for retrieving and setting the maximum time for Essbase queries.
- Groovy: adds support for scenario rollups in an application with Strategic Modeling enabled.
- Smart View: There is now an updated EPM Books extension available for download and installation.
- Data Integration: A new Location page is now available, allowing easy viewing and removal of locations, including the ability to delete unused locations. Also, a predefined variety of system-level settings can now be set, updated, and cleared. Finally, the following pages in Data Management are migrating to Data Exchange:
- Source System (becomes Configure Connections), Target Application (Applications), Period Mapping (same), and Category Mapping (same)
- Pipelines: New file options (Copy/Move/Unzip) are available. New options to either Continue or Stop processing upon failure of a stage. Substitution variables are now available as input values.
- Forms, Reports, Dashboards, and Infolets: Users can now copy the URLs of these artifacts, allowing direct sharing of them to other users.
Enterprise Data Management
Data Management has quite a few updates in this release. See Oracle’s readiness page for details.
As mentioned in the first paragraph above, two new application types replace what were formerly separate modules, Oracle is continuing to enhance the configurability of IPM, Planning’s great AI tool, and you won’t have to deal with twenty alias tables every time you enable a module!
Other Important Notices
Coming in future updates, Application Role Names will undergo significant renaming, support for non-Redwood Experience themes will be discontinued, Smart View’s Native Mode option will be deprecated, and Forms 2.0 and Dashboards 2.0 functionality will be available within the next six months. In addition, the Print option in Web Ad Hoc Grids and Forms 2.0 will be disabled in the 23.11 update.
Finally, in a future update, Calculation Manager will enforce the execution of the Errors and Warnings diagnostic tool for any rule that’s launched, validated, or deployed.
Update Timing and Information
These changes are scheduled to take place during the next maintenance period on or after 2AM ET on Saturday, Sept 2, 2023 (test environments) and on or after 2AM ET on Saturday, Sept 16, 2023 (production environments).
Customers needing more information or with questions about any of the changes summarized below should contact us. Oracle’s web page for the full contents of the update can be found here: