Highlights from the February 2024 Release
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Within the next 3 months, Oracle is planning to upgrade all environments currently on a non-hybrid Essbase version to a hybrid Essbase version. Once the February update has occurred on your environment and you are currently on a non-hybrid version you should run the Essbase Validation tool. This can be found here:
- Go to Home >> Application >> Overview
- Click Actions >> Essbase Outline Validation >> Pre validate outline
- To view the validation report, select Outline Pre-validation Report and resolve any noted issues.
To check whether your environment is on a hybrid or non-hybrid Essbase version, look at the value of Essbase Version supports Hybrid Block Storage Option in the Activity Report (found in the last tab under Application >> Overview). If the value is Yes, it means that your environment is on a hybrid Essbase version. If the value is No, it means that your environment is on a non-hybrid Essbase version.
EPM Automate – New Sample Scripts
Oracle has provided new sample scripts to accomplish the following tasks using EPM Automate:
- Notify users when the daily maintenance process is complete.
- Scripts to support quarterly updates with six-week test cycles.
- Updated sample scripts to make them executable.
For more information on these, visit the URL below, in the EPM Cloud Platform section EPM Automate.
Data Integration Pipelines
There are two new pipeline job types: Export Dimension and Export Dimension Mappings.
Important Actions and Considerations
The following changes will be made in future updates. For detailed information on each please check the Important Actions and Considerations section of the update in Oracle’s advisory at the URL at the bottom of this post.
- Support for Infolets will be discontinued in the 24.04 update. You will be unable to create new Infolets.
- Plan to discontinue non-Redwood Experience themes toward the end of Q1 2024.
- Future deprecation (by the end of 2024) of the Native Mode option for Smart View Ad Hoc behavior.
- The User Variables Dimension column will honor the alias setting in User Preferences.
- Calculation Manager will enforce the use of the Errors and Warnings diagnostic tool before the launch, validation, or deployment of new business rules. If errors are found, you will be forced to resolve these before continuing. Note that currently existing and deployed rules will continue to run as-is.
- Oracle Financial Reporting will be deprecated in mid-to-late 2024 (subject to change with a minimum six-month advance notice). You should migrate your Financial Reports to Reports in advance of this. For more information and instructions to accomplish this, see the following URL:
Update Timing and Information
This update is scheduled to take place during the next maintenance period on or after 9 PM ET on Friday, Feb 2, 2024 (test environments) and on or after 9 PM ET on Friday, Feb 16, 2024 (production environments).
Customers needing more information or with questions about any of the changes summarized below should contact us. Oracle’s web page for the full contents of the update can be found here: